We are dedicated to providing high quality and comprehensive support to student veterans in an environment that fosters respect, commitment, and academic excellence. We provide direct and liaison services for all education and administrative matters pertaining to our student veterans, their families, and the military community at large.
- Marine works to help other Student Veterans at Wayne State
- Detroit -- When Patrick Hannah entered Wayne State University in...
- Detroit Pistons spotlight Wayne State's student veterans
- Wayne State’s Student Veterans Organization (SVO) will be...
- New Veteran Specific Orientation
- The Student Veterans Organization sponsors a Veteran Specific Orientation...
- More News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Celebrating Veterans in the Arts Contest
- May 21 2013 at 12:00 PMStudentVeterans Resource CenterThe Celebrating Veterans in Art Collage Contest is designed to raise awareness of veterans in the arts community and how art can be and is viewed as a tool for therapy. This contest is open to all veteran students attending Wayne State University. This contest begins on May 20th 2013 and the last day to submit an original art piece is Sept 13, 2013. Official Rules A Veteran's Example
- University Showing of "Back Home: A Warrior's Tale"
- May 24 2013 at 12:00 PMBernath AuditoriumThis will be the second University Showing of "Back Home: A Warrior's Tale". A film written, directed and produced by Wayne State University Student Veteran Cornelius Porter III. Hosted by the Student Veteran's Organization and the Office of Military and Veterans Academic Excellence. This documentary provides awareness to the challenges that returning veterans are facing when trying to reintegrate back home. Filmed on Wayne State’s campus the documentary features two of Wayne's student veterans that are not only transitioning from the military, but also into college. This is a free event. Hosted by the Student Veterans Organization. Please take a moment to view the trailer here: Documentary Trailer
- 3rd Annual Golf Outing for Veterans
- July 27 2013 at 12:00 PMWesburn Golf ClubThis is the Wayne State University Student Veterans Organization's 3rd Annual Golf Outing Fund Raiser. This is one of two annual fund raisers that we do to keep our organizational doors open. All proceeds go to support the academic success of the Wayne State University Student Veterans and the military community on campus.
- More Events